Thursday, September 18, 2008

China!?!.............the roots

My sister has been in china for the past month for her semester abroad from Fordham. She volunteered at the olympics with a bunch of other students including two friends from her school, Regis and Jimmy. Regis is keeping a detailed blog of their adventures. The things they are doing are absolutely amazing. Every day there is some new incredible thing. For instance, the other day they rode camels through the Gobi desert and watched the sunset from the top of a sand dune. Though this is not my sisters blog, Regis and my sister are participating in the same activities so I feel like I am getting an accurate account of the trip.


If you don't know by now, my favorite band is The Legendary Roots Crew. The Roots are a philly based band with a unique style. Their blog is all about events they have done are are going to do. I saw many cool videos of concerts and performances including an interesting one on the Colbert Report. Many people commented on a post about the "Roots Picnic". This was a concert I went to last june and many people on the roots blog agree that it was one of the best concerts they have been to. The roots play a very interactive show and have a lot of crowd participation. One of the best parts were the various covers the roots played becasue they were songs you would just jam to. The blog isn't very detailed but I will stick with it so I can follow my favorite band.

1 comment:

Jackie Mitchell said...

I think it's really cool that you have this oppurtunity to read about what your sister is doing. It sounds like she's getting the chance to have some awesome experiences.